Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thursday, September 26, 2013 My post is late for Thursday. It was a rough 1/2 day of work which made me glad I only worked 1/2 the day. When I pull up to a school with a police presence around the school, I know I am in for quite a day. But I had no idea. I was assigned a 2nd grade class but don't let that fool you. Children are, at times, a perfect example of their environment. Disrespectful, getting out of their seats, talking loud, shrugging their shoulders when they are told to do or not do something. The teacher left work and information, however, at 10:30am, students with special needs came into the room because they were supposed to have technology and library in the classroom. SUPPOSED to. I waited. And waited. I had to get 29 second graders to be quiet so I could buzz the office to find out where the teacher was. When they finally answered, I couldn't hear a word they were saying. I had to raise my voice so much in this class just to be heard that I could feel my voice starting to go. One thing I find, in almost all of the schools is that they fail to tell the sub of the consequences established in the classroom. Every school, teacher and class is different. A heads up would be nice. When I took students down to go to recess, we had to wait for security. Behind me, I had a class whose teacher was getting annoyed thinking I was holding up the students from going out. She had her wig all done up, tons of make-up, large woman using a walking stick because she didn't seem to have good balance. I turned around to tell her the kids were going out but we were waiting for security. She looked right past me and mumbled about not waiting and she left. When I got back up stairs, she and I were the only two in the hallway. I took this time to say that security was late and that was the hold up. She completely ignored me. Didn't look at me. Then walking in her room. Are you kidding me???? I have a feeling she spends more time on her appearance than she does in teaching. I was glad to walk out of their and I've started making a list of schools to never, EVER go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment